House of Prayer
The House of Prayer is a retreat destination located on the Mount Saint Mary campus. Like the Academy, it is a sponsored work of the Sisters of Mercy and has been since its founding in 1976. Located on the former site of the Mount Saint Mary carriage house and stable, this beautiful facility now houses a devotional chapel, library, and residential quarters. It is fondly known by the Sisters as the "Oasis off Route 22."
The House of Prayer offers a variety of programs for spiritual enrichment and often serves as the host site for Mount alumnae retreats. Private retreats and group programs are offered. Click here to view the schedule of upcoming events.
Mount Saint Mary House of Prayer
1651 US Highway 22
Watchung, NJ 07069-6587