Mount Saint Mary Academy seeks dynamic and talented faculty and staff who have a commitment to excellence and the education of young women. All employees must possess a belief in collaboration, compassion, service, educational excellence, spiritual growth and development, and an understanding of the importance of addressing women’s concerns. Teaching candidates should have subject-area expertise and a passion for promoting academic engagement in others. A willingness to embrace additional responsibilities such as coaching, mentoring, or supervising clubs is also required.
Interested candidates must send a resume and cover letter to the attention of Karen Calta, Assistant Directress for Faculty/Curriculum, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mount Saint Mary Academy is seeking a school counselor (10 month position) to start this November/December who can address the academic, personal, social development and well-being of students through a comprehensive guidance program. Candidate should have a master’s degree in school counseling and relevant experience within the field is preferred.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Maryann Brown at email@example.com or fax to 908-756-8085.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, experience, and requirements:
- A master’s degree in counseling/school counseling.
- Familiarity with the goals, objectives, and mission of an independent catholic college preparatory school. Experience in an independent school environment is a plus.
- Current knowledge of colleges, their academic programs, and admission policies. Experience with Naviance is a plus.
- Ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse and demanding student and parent population.
- Personal qualities include resilience, approachability, kindness and a team player.
- Must possess good judgement, tact, sensitivity and discretion in the handling of confidential information, materials, and situations.
- Excellent listening, counseling, verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively based on the task, as well as, the capability to multi-task and adapt to changing requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of a caseload of approximately 130+ students. The ability to utilize leadership, advocacy, and collaboration to promote student success, provide preventive services, and respond to identified student needs by adhering to a comprehensive school counseling program that addresses academic, career, and personal/social development for all students.
- Instruct students grades 9-12 in seminar level classes covering topics appropriate for class level including career development and college exploration.
- Maintain current knowledge of college trends and research. Assist and instruct college bound students with responsibilities associated with the college application process including: researching and developing a balanced list of schools, assisting students with all aspects of the college application, working with Naviance, composing letters of recommendation, and networking with college admissions professionals.
- Additional responsibilities will also include serving as a member of the Student Assistance Committee and the Admissions Committee, coordinating and proctoring standardized testing, working with International students, planning and assisting with student and parent programming.
There are no athletic openings at this time.
Mount Saint Mary Academy is a Catholic, independent school that provides an exemplary college preparatory education for young women in grades 9 through 12. Founded in 1908 by the Sisters of Mercy, the Academy is rooted in the values and traditions of the Venerable Catherine McAuley including commitment to academic excellence, development of the whole person, cultivation of individual gifts and talents, dedication to service and the community, and to instilling confidence, respect, and integrity. welcomes and encourages applications from diverse candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national or ethnic origin, or other legally protected status. EOE