Mount Saint Mary Academy seeks dynamic and talented faculty and staff who have a commitment to excellence and the education of young women. All employees must possess a belief in collaboration, compassion, service, educational excellence, spiritual growth and development, and an understanding of the importance of addressing women’s concerns.
Teaching candidates should have subject-area expertise and a passion for promoting academic engagement in others. A willingness to embrace additional responsibilities such as coaching, mentoring, or supervising clubs is also required.
We are accepting inquiries for all areas of school employment. If interested, please complete the Employment Application and send along with a cover letter and resume to:
Mrs. Karen Calta
Assistant Directress for Faculty and Curriculum
1645 Route 22 West at Terrill Rd
Watchung, NJ 07069
Science Teacher in the Field of Biological Science
The teacher is required to meet the following job criteria:
- A degree in Biology or M.Ed with a degree in Biology
- At least 3 years of experience teaching in high school, with evidence of leadership in teaching biology and environmental science.
- A strong desire to collaborate within a science team to advance STEAM Education.
- Experience with laboratory technology and instruction that directs student-centered, inquiry-driven learning.
- Ability to teach students in grades 10-12, including teaching at various levels like college-prep, honors, and advanced placement.
- Willing to moderate a science club and chaperone students on science-related field trips.
Mount Saint Mary Academy, a Catholic college preparatory school run by the Sisters of Mercy of the Mid-Atlantic, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in accordance with the anti-discrimination laws of New Jersey.