Mount Saint Mary Academy seeks dynamic and talented faculty and staff who have a commitment to excellence and the education of young women. All employees must possess a belief in collaboration, compassion, service, educational excellence, spiritual growth and development, and an understanding of the importance of addressing women’s concerns.
Teaching candidates should have subject-area expertise and a passion for promoting academic engagement in others. A willingness to embrace additional responsibilities such as coaching, mentoring, or supervising clubs is also required.
We are accepting inquiries for all areas of school employment. If interested, please complete the Employment Application and send along with a cover letter and resume to:
Mrs. Karen Calta
Assistant Directress for Faculty and Curriculum
1645 Route 22 West at Terrill Rd
Watchung, NJ 07069
The Advancement Director is responsible for implementing the advancement plans and activities of Mount Saint Mary Academy. The Advancement Director is charged with identifying, cultivating and securing third source funding, as directed by the Head of School and working closely with the Administration and Board of Trustees. The Advancement Director will guide the Advancement Cabinet as directed by the Head of School.
The Advancement Director will be responsible for directing and coordinating Advancement Office personnel in the handling of all pertinent data and the execution of all aspects of the donation process in all formats: from constituent and gift data entry of incoming mail, phone and internet donations, including recurring gifts and pledges, to outgoing receipts, letters and reports.
The Advancement Director reports directly to the Head of School. The Director of Alumnae Relations, the Advancement Assistant and the Database Assistant report directly to the Advancement Director.
Responsibilities and Specific Activities:
• Work with the Head of School in establishing goals and objectives related to Advancement. Create and implement an annual Advancement plan.
• Manage the staff and day-to-day functions of the Advancement staff. Communicate with the Head of School on a regular basis regarding the staff and work of the Advancement Office.
• Guide and collaborate with the Director of Alumnae Relations to implement the Alumnae Office plans, in consultation with the Head of School.
• Coordinate the creation and distribution of constituent and financial reports in the Raisers’ Edge database for analysis and distribution of results to various departments and groups as necessary.
• Execute a comprehensive program to enhance the Endowment Fund.
• Effect major gifts and capital campaigns.
• Directly responsible for the Annual Fund. Work with the Alumnae Director and the Advancement staff to create an annual fund plan and execute it.
• Prepare and implement itemized Advancement budget.
• Be responsible for creation of Advancement policies and guidelines for approval by the Head of School, the Board of Trustees and the Finance Department when necessary.
• Serve as a resource for any major events or any other school fund-raising activity.
• Coordinate the school Advancement calendar.
• Oversee the production and dissemination of the Fundraising Annual Report.
• Direct all donor communications/correspondence including gift acknowledgements in a timely manner.
• Responsible for the Advancement Cabinet program, including recruiting and directing members as needed to maintain and expand advancement efforts.
• Prepare reports for the Board of Trustees.
• Communicate on behalf of the Advancement Office.
• Educate the administration, faculty, and parents in the mission and ministry of the school as it relates to the advancement program.
• Work with the Database Assistant to obtain data for use in research, solicitation and major fundraiser mailings, etc.
• Work closely with the Finance Office in effecting an efficient workflow for the accurate and timely recording in the Raisers Edge and Financial Edge databases and for deposit to the bank.
• Research and complete the NJAIS survey.
• Collect, organize and record criteria for the school's Named Scholarships
• Work with the School Database Assistant to compose a Raiser’s Edge Policies and Procedures manual
Please send all resumes and cover letters for this position to Mrs. Elizabeth Carter, Executive Assistant to the Directress, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Science Teacher in the Field of Biological Science
The teacher is required to meet the following job criteria:
- A degree in Biology or M.Ed with a degree in Biology
- At least 3 years of experience teaching in high school, with evidence of leadership in teaching biology and environmental science.
- A strong desire to collaborate within a science team to advance STEAM Education.
- Experience with laboratory technology and instruction that directs student-centered, inquiry-driven learning.
- Ability to teach students in grades 10-12, including teaching at various levels like college-prep, honors, and advanced placement.
- Willing to moderate a science club and chaperone students on science-related field trips.
We seek a full-time mathematics teacher who is dedicated and passionate about teaching mathematics to young women. B.A. in math required; M.A. preferred. Three to five years of secondary school math teaching experience is desirable. The candidate will be an exemplary teacher with an ability and interest in teaching math subjects ranging from Algebra I and Geometry. The position requires fluency with educational technology such as Geometers' Sketchpad, as well as the TI graphing calculator. Since we are a one-to-one tablet school, the ability to incorporate technology into project-based lessons is essential.
The position involves teaching five courses and participating in extracurricular activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to become an active member in the school community outside of the classroom.
Mount Saint Mary Academy, a Catholic college preparatory school run by the Sisters of Mercy of the Mid-Atlantic, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in accordance with the anti-discrimination laws of New Jersey.