Mission & Philosophy
The mission of Mount Saint Mary Academy is to challenge each student to develop her fullest potential in a Christian atmosphere of love and caring. As a Catholic, private, secondary school sponsored by Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and rooted in the tradition of their foundress, Venerable Catherine McAuley, Mount Saint Mary Academy is committed to academic excellence with special concern for women.
The Mount endeavors to:
- offer a varied curriculum that will produce students well-versed in the arts and sciences, capable of facing the complex challenges of today and tomorrow.
- provide for a healthy, joy-filled atmosphere which will stimulate critical thinking, foster a spirit of inquiry, and promote a creative attitude.
- create a supportive environment characterized by attention to the growth of each individual spiritually, morally, intellectually, socially, physically, and culturally.
- foster leadership, responsibility, and a concern for Christian service as the students become more conscious of putting social justice into action.
- strengthen the faith of students so it will become living, conscious, and active.